Urban Studies Field Placement
Students obtain experience in an urban-related profession. The Urban Studies Program places students in a wide variety of working situations. Although all of these situations bring the student face to face with the nature of problem-solving in a real-world organization, they are as varied as the intellectual and career interests of the students.
For permission to register for URBNST 0200, and to gain access to the internships database on Courseweb, see the Urban Studies advisor.
In the past, students have:
- completed land-use studies for local community development corporations;
- worked side by side with professional planners in planning departments;
- gathered information for City Council members;
- counseled juveniles in the county detention facility;
- researched historical documents for a preservationist organization; and much more